Event/Commercial Permits

Event and Commercial Use Permits


Events which involve use by a group of more than 75 people and/or a fee or collects a donation from participants require a special use permit.

Application for holding a recreation event on the Forest. (rtf)

Commercial Outfitting and Guiding

Our policy is to manage special uses on National Forest lands in a manner that protects natural resource values, public health and safety, and is consistent with the Forest land and resource management plans.

Current List of Authorized Outfitters and Guides on the Superior National Forest (html)

Frequently Asked Questions


Commercial Filming and Photography

A permit is required for all commercial filming activities on National Forest System lands, and for certain commercial still photography, except when these activities involve breaking news.

If the proposed filming or photography is located within the Wilderness, additional information may be required and additional screening will be conducted. The following information provides more details.


Contact Us

Please contact the local Ranger District regarding permit requirements well in advance of your planned activities.