The Superior National Forest is located in the northeastern corner of Minnesota.
Where is this Forest?


Forest Products Permits

Forest Products:

A forest produces a variety of products which people can harvest, collect, and use.  Depending on the forest product, either commercial use, non-commercial use, or both, may require a permit.  You may want to call a Forest Service office for specific information about the forest product in which you are interested.  Some general guidelines are as follows:

  • Plant collection permits are required for digging plants
  • Permits are required for collecting edible material, decorative material, etc if used for commercial purposes
  • Mineral collection requires a permit.
  • Woody material collection requires a permit.  This includes Holiday Trees and Greens and Firewood permits.


For more information on permits, please contact one of these Superior National Forest offices.