Passes & Permits

Most national forests and grasslands are open, free of charge, for your use and enjoyment. Fees may be charged and permits required for some activities and locations. Commercial Road Use Rules and Road Use Permit Requirements are in effect on the White River National Forest. 

Please contact the appropriate Ranger District office for more information on the permits required. 


Recreation Passes & Permits - Find information about available recreation passes.


Forest Products Permits - Permits are required to remove forest products such as firewood, rocks and minerals, transplants and decorative wood. Find information on mushrooms, Christmas tree cutting, firewood permits and more.


Event/Commercial Permits - Find information on commercial use, outfitter guide, photography permit requirements and more.

Business permittees, such as campground concessionaires & outfitter guides must have appropriate permits to provide services on National Forest Lands.


Other permits - Find information about special use & road use permits, memorial trees and more.