- Detections of breeding birds in the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada, Nevada and California (2nd Edition)
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Fleishman, Erica. 2019. Detections of breeding birds in the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada, Nevada and California. 2nd Edition. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. Updated 08 January 2020. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2015-0031-2
- These data document annual detections of breeding birds in canyons throughout three mountain ranges in the western Great Basin (Mineral, Douglas, and Lyon Counties, Nevada; and Alpine and Mono Counties, California): the Wassuk Range, Sweetwater Mountains, and east slope of the Sierra Nevada. Data were collected during the breeding season from 2012 through 2019, inclusive. Birds were detected during fixed-radius point counts. In most cases, each point was visited three times per season. Data include coordinates of each point, species detected, date and method of detection, and distance from the observer.
- breeding birds; detections; point counts; land-cover change; monitoring; riparian; pinyon; juniper; ponderosa pine; Jeffrey pine; fir; sagebrush; SERDP; Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program; JFSP; Joint Fire Science Program; Southwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; Northwest Climate Adaptation Science Center; biota; environment; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Monitoring; Wildlife (or Fauna); Birds; Nevada; western Nevada; California; eastern California; Great Basin; western Great Basin; Bodie Mountains; Sweetwater Mountains; Wassuk Range; Sierra Nevada; Mineral County; Douglas County; Lyon County; Alpine County; Mono County
Download count: 11
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (384.37 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: ecb3c1c8f788a6bf60139a6d18a3eef6129d72d597c2235116823e53efedf9fbChecksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?