- U.S. Forest Service national riparian areas base map for the conterminous United States in 2019
Abood, Sinan A.;
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
The U.S. Forest Service makes no warranty, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, completeness or utility of these geospatial data, or for the improper or incorrect use of these geospatial data. These geospatial data and related maps or graphics are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such. The data and maps may not be used to determine title, ownership, legal descriptions or boundaries, legal jurisdiction, or restrictions that may be in place on either public or private land. Natural hazards may or may not be depicted on the data and maps, and users should exercise due caution. The data are dynamic and may change over time. The user is responsible to verify the limitations of the geospatial data and to use the data accordingly.
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Abood, Sinan A.; Spencer, Linda; Wieczorek, Michael. 2022. U.S. Forest Service national riparian areas base map for the conterminous United States in 2019. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2019-0030
- This metadata record describes 10-meter raster riparian areas for 50-year flood heights for the conterminous United States in 2019. Fifty-year flood heights were estimated using U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) stream gage information. NHDPlus version 2.1 was used as the hydrologic framework to delineate riparian areas. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s National Wetland Inventory and USGS 10-meter digital elevation models were also used in processing these data.
- inlandWaters; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; riparian areas; 50-year flood height; wetlands; 10-meter DEM; digital elevation model; National Water Information System; conterminous United States
- Visit count : 200
Download count: 28
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (1.53 GB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 9a8f34904b61cd71476f3d2679983d04b59f0c8d04484f600656f41be53c6ed5Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?