Choose from the following to find a site:
Come join us on the Allegheny National Forrest, and explore over 150 miles of trails for mountain biking. Along our countless miles of trail you will encounter beautiful landmarks hidden throughout the landscape of Western Pennsylvania and the Allegheny National Forest.
Enjoy the natural wonders of the rolling hills and crystal clear streams of Brush Hollow, or if your feeling adventurous take time to enjoy the challenging trails and scenic vistas on Jakes Rocks or Jeremy Run trail systems.
If you are looking for extreme riding check out our 100 miles of trail along the ATV trail system for a riding adventure!
What You Need to Know
Snowmobile trails and roads open to motorized travel are available for use by mountain bikes. Gated roads are open to mountain bike traffic.
No cross country or off trail travel is permitted on ANF property
ATV trails are best suited for expert or extreme riding; many will find them too rough for mountain riding.
No Mountain Bikes on/in:
- North Country National Scenic Trail
- Black Cherry National Recreation Trail
- Tracy Ridge National Recreation Trail
- Hickory Creek Wilderness Area/Allegheny Wilderness Islands and Minister Creek and Chestnut Ridge wilderness study area (management areas 5.1 and 5.2)
- Hearts Content National Scenic Area (management area 8.3)
- Tionesta National Scenic Area (management area 8.3)
- Tionesta Research Natural Area (management area 8.5)
- Kane Experimental Forest (management area 8.6)
Map of the management areas for where the wilderness, scenic area, research natural area and experimental forest are located.
Alerts & Warnings
- Northern Goshawks are Protected Endangered Species
- Feeding Wildlife is Prohibited
- Pest Alert: Spotted Lanternfly
- Please do not bring firewood on to the ANF!
- Aerial Spraying of B.t.k. to Suppress Spongy Moth is Underway
- Forest Road 457 Closed
- Traffic Hazard on Longhouse Drive (FR 262)
- Don't Pick the Ginseng