Choose from the following to find a site:
The Angeles National Forest - San Gabriel Mountains National Monument offers 557 miles of hiking and equestrian trails which include 73 miles of national recreation trails and 176 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). These trails offer ample choices for all, from beginners to experienced outdoor enthusiasts.
While designated recreation sites may be closed, the general forest area including the extensive trail system remains open and available to the public, unless otherwise closed through a forest order. See alerts and notices for forest orders. Access is subject-to-change.
Please keep health, safety, and protection of the environment in mind when visiting national forests. Personal responsibility is critical to ensuring your own safety, the public safety of others, and preventing further restrictions. Consider whether your personal participation in outdoor recreation at this time would pose an unnecessary risk to others as we all work together to flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our national forests safe and healthy for everyone's use.
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Office & Visitor Center Updates - Need Info or Passes?
- News Releases (Recent)
- Forest Service Road Closures
- Small Section of the Forest Still Closed due to Bobcat Fire
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- San Gabriel Reservoir Area Closure
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)
- Storm Damage to Roads/Trails