OHV Riding & Camping

Choose from the following to find a site:


Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) recreation, including ATVs and motorcycles, is just one of the many uses allowed on National Forest lands.

Other than winter snowmobile use, motor vehicle travel is allowed only on designated trails and roads. Off-road/trail travel is prohibited. All OHV vehicles and over-snow vehicles must have a current state registration. For Colorado OHV registration information click here.

It is your responsibility to know and abide by regulations relating to motor vehicle travel. Federal law prohibits operation of any mechanical or motorized equipment within the boundaries of a Wilderness or other special closure areas.

OHV roads and trails also have seasonal or wildlife closures. Please check the MOTOR VEHICLE USE MAPS (MVUMs) to see maps of all motorized roads and trails, what routes are open, when they are open, and more.

Areas & Activities
Stay The Trail logo

Stay The Trail Link opens in a new window

picture of different recreation quicksheets

Recreation Quicksheets