Before riding your UTV, Educate Yourself!
Date(s): Dec 4, 2023
Forest Order: 13-36 Forest Supervisor's General Forestwide Orders 13-36
Town Creek OHV Closed
Date(s): Oct 24, 2023 - Jan 14, 2024
Campfire ban lifted
Date(s): Nov 28, 2023 - Dec 28, 2023
Flatlands Road (FSR 256 and FSR 637) Closed
Date(s): Nov 3, 2023
August 10, 2023 - Lake Winfield Scott Campground Temporarily Closed
Date(s): Aug 4, 2023
Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
Date(s): Mar 9, 2023
Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
Date(s): Mar 7, 2023 - Feb 24, 2024
Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
Date(s): Jan 6, 2023
Know Before You Go - Check Current Watches, Warnings and Advisories for Georgia from the National Weather Service. Please see our weather disclaimer.
View current conditions live via webcams at Brasstown Bald on the Chattahoochee National Forest.
On December 20, 2018, the Farm Bill was enacted into law. Officially entitled Public Law 115-334, the legislation incorporated the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest Land Adjustment Act as Section 8625.
Please see information about laws, regulations and policies of the USDA Forest Service, including notices and disclaimers.
Alerts & Warnings
- Before riding your UTV, Educate Yourself!
- Town Creek OHV Closed
- Flatlands Road (FSR 256 and FSR 637) Closed
- Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
- Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!