Angeles National Forest
LA's Backyard Playground
From the high desert to mountains, the forest is the backyard playground to over 20 million people in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Explore and help protect this 700,000-acre wonderland!
Discover Your Forest
Click here to read the latest Angeles National Forest news releases alerts
General Forest Questions
Report Trail Conditions
Report Non-emergency Crime
Join us at the Los Angeles County Fair!
Vist the America's Great Outdoors Exhibit at the Los Angeles County Fair from May 5-29
Stop by the America's Great Outdoors exhibit to meet Smokey Bear, catch an environmental magic show, learn about the outdoors, and more! Visit the L.A. County Fair website for admission infomoration at: https://www.lacountyfair.com/
Angeles Fuels Program
The Angeles National Forest Fuels Program mission is to manage fuels at the landscape scale to restore and maintain fire-resilient landscapes that are compatible with their historical fire return interval, a core goal of the Cohesive Strategy.
Forest Fire Restoration Program
Not all areas and resources impacted by wildfires will recover naturally, so forest managers and partners have launched a number of restoration efforts intended to produce ecosystems that are able to adapt and thrive over time.
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Smoke Alert: Prescribed Burn (Planned Fire) in Sawmill-Liebre Area
- NEW! Bobcat Fire Area, Road, and Trail Closure
- Advisory: Safety by Waterfalls / Streams / Creeks
- Offices--Info & Pass Sales Updates
- Driving to the Forest?
- Fire Restrictions: Moderate (Angeles National Forest)
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Off-Highway Vehicle Areas
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 1
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 2 & More
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)