Maps & Publications
Buy Maps and Publications Online
Discover Your Northwest: A nonprofit partner carrying a wide selection of maps, books, guides, and other interpretive products that highlight the Northwest’s natural and cultural history and support educational programs and services on public lands.
Oregon and Washington National Forest, Wilderness, and Special Area maps are also available directly from national forest offices.
Which Map Do I Need? Consult this description of all Pacific Northwest Region Forest Service Maps to determine which map or maps will help you plan and complete a safe and enjoyable visit to a national forest.
Winter Range Closure Maps
Winter range is habitat deer and elk migrate to in order to find more favorable living conditions during the winter. Winter range is found predominantly in lower elevations of central Oregon and is extremely important to mule deer survival. Winter ranges usually have minimal amounts of snow cover and provide vegetation for forage, hiding cover, and protection from the weather. In Oregon, mule deer migrate, often long distances, to lower elevations to escape or minimize exposure to snow cover.
- Cabin/Silver Lake Winter Range Closure
- Metolius Winter Range Closure
- Opine Winter Range Closure
- Tumalo Winter Range Closure
How Else to Get Maps
- Mail-in: fill out one of our handy order forms on our Maps Available for Purchase page, and mail in with payment. Please note: check or money order accepted - no credit cards with mail-in orders.
- Phone-in: you may pay by credit card with phone orders. Use the table on our Maps Available for Purchase page to see what is available.
- Forest Service Offices: Visit one of the Deschutes or Ochoco NF offices or the Prineville BLM District Office: List of Offices. The selection of maps varies by office: please call ahead for availability.
- Outdoor recreation retail outlets often carry a variety of forest and recreation maps
Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) are the official maps for designating all roads and trails available for public motorized travel on the Deschutes & Ochoco National Forests and the Crooked River National Grassland. Visitors should not rely on any other maps for making decisions about motorized travel.
Click here to go to the MVUM page where you can learn more about and download these maps.
Discover Your Northwest (DYN) Publications
Discover Your Northwest serves as an outlet for general interest publications about the Pacific Northwest. Some of our Forest Service offices carry a variety of DYN publications that cover the central Oregon area. If you want to view or purchase these great publications, please visit Discover Your Northwest's online store.
National Forest Foundation
Your National Forests magazine and annual reports
You can download these trail maps to any smart phone and view them in a PDF format as a digital map.
If you have an smart phone you can download these maps and then using the Avenza PDF maps App from iTunes or Google Play you can use the GPS feature to track your location on these maps.
The Central Oregon Rockhounding Map is now available for download through the geolocating mobile app Avenza Maps.
This map covers portions of the Ochoco National Forest and the BLM Prineville District.
To purchase a digital copy of the map visit Avenza Maps.