Current permanent openings on USAJobs:
Supervisory Civil Engineer GS-12/13 Apply by March 29
Recreation Technician - GS-05/06 in Lone Pine. Apply March 20 - 30
See Fire & Aviation jobs below!
- Climate Change Communications Fellow (Resource Assistant) Apply by March 30: https://info.manrrs.org/internship-application-rap ($750/week, plus a $1000/month housing stipend and $2750 travel stipend)
- (2) Visitor Information & Interpretive Programs Resource Assistants: Apply by March 31
- Location: Bishop & Lone Pine
- Location: Lee Vining
Recreation Technicians (5): All GS-05 level positions, with some having full performance level up to GS-07. Housing may be provided, depending on availability. Apply by March 30: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/713490900
2 in Lee Vining (Mono Lake Ranger District. Both are seasonal)
3 in Lone Pine (Mount Whitney Ranger District. 2 are permanent-seasonal, and 1 is permanent-year round)
- (14) American Conservation Experience Internships:
Position Benefits: Living Allowance: $720/week, Housing: may be accommodated in Forest Service barracks, Relocation Allowance: up to $500, Gear Allowance: up to $300.
Campground Hosts for Hartley Springs and Aspen Campgrounds in the Mono Lake Ranger District - Apply by May 15.
Fire & Aviation Jobs:
Apply to the following positions on USAJOBS March 20 - 29:
- IA Dispatcher - Bishop
- Dispatch Center Manager - Bishop
- Supervisory Forestry Tech/Wildland Fire Operations - Bishop
- Supervisory Forestry Tech/Senior Fire Engine Operator - Lone Pine and Lee Vining
- Forestry Tech (Prevention) - Bishop
- Lead Forestry Tech/Assistant Fire Engine Operator - Bishop, Mammoth, and Lee Vining
- Fire Engine Operator - Lone Pine, Mammoth, and Lee Vining
- IHC Squad Leader - Bishop
- Supervisory Helitack Assistant Manager - Independence
- Forestry Technician - location negotiable
Outreaches for upcoming jobs or details (Forest Service employees only):
Outreaches gauge interest in upcoming positions. Respondents receive a link to the vacancy announcement on USAJobs when it is officially open for applying. You can always browse outreaches across the Forest Service by visiting the Employment Outreach webpage and if the deadline has already passed, don't hesistate to contact the person in the outreach since they may not have had enough applicants.
- Assistant Fire Engine Operator GS-05/06 (1 year detail/permanent position): https://apps.fs.usda.gov/hrm/outreach/Outreach?id=934658812E7C43E5BAE6C89A686E670B Please respond by March 31.
- Fire Engine Operator GS-06/07 (1 year detail/permanent position): https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/?id=9BB9F1C0763D49E3BCF7A5C4E2E49FF1 Please respond by March 31.
- GIS Analyst GS-11. (120-day detail). Contact: Nathan.Sill@usda.gov
General Hiring questions:
Lisa Cox, Public Affairs Officer
Fire Hire Contact:
|Bren Townsend, Division FMO||Todd McDivitt, Division FMO|
- Finding and Applying for Federal Jobs
- How to Build a Federal Resume
- Recommended Government Resume Format
- 5 Tips for Communicating Your Qualifications
- How-to videos from the Office of Personnel Managment (OPM)
- Student Programs - USA Jobs
- Pathways Program - U.S. Forest Service
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.