We are the Forest Service
You can make a lasting impact on the world around you and unlock opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Find out more about our available job openings.
Hiring Students and Recent Graduates
as part of the Society for Range Management (SRM)
What to expect after you apply:
- Qualifying applicants will be contacted by a hiring manager via phone or email for an interview.
- Interviews are conducted in person.
- Best candidate for the job is selected.
- Tentative job offer to best candidate - will be contacted by human resources via phone or email.
- Applicants who were not selected will be notified via USAJOBS.
*Please be patient as it can take several months after applications are accepted to fill positions. If you have questions about the timeline, please contact the point of contact identified in the job announcement or call our human resources office at 1-877-372-7248, select Option 2.
Recent Hiring Events
Engineers and other STEM jobs
Society of American Foresters (SAF)
Wildland Firefighter Apprenticeship
Help Is Available
The How to Apply webpage has helpful information to help with the application process.
Human Resources Management is here to help. Contact us with questions about your application by calling 1-877-372-7248, select Option 2, and follow the prompts. The Contact Center is open from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday, and closed on all federal holidays.