Event/Commercial Permits

A Special Use Authorization is a permit that grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use subject to specified terms and conditions on National Forest land. Special uses can include recreation residence (summer homes), recreation events, outfitter guides, utility lines, communication facilities and many other uses.

Select either Recreation or Lands categories below to get more information on how to get a permit for the type of use you're looking for.

Special Use Permit Forms

Frequently Asked Questions - Find more information and resources that explain the permit process.

Contact Us

filming on the forest

Lands Special Uses

  • Right of ways
  • Filming
  • Communication towers
  • Agricultural
  • Water systems
  • Storage yards
  • Service buildings
  • Research
  • Hydroelectric
Kamp Kiwanis wood sign.

Recreation Special Uses

  • Non-commercial group use
  • Ski Area
  • Resorts
  • Outfitters/Guides
  • Recreation events
  • Organizational camps
  • Concession operated campgrounds