Wildland Firefighter Jobs
Outreach has started for 2022. View these application tips and get your application/resume ready today!
With this upcoming hiring opportunity, Region 2 will be filling fire positions GS-04/05 and GS-05/06. This includes Engine, Hotshot, Helitack, Handcrew and Fuels positions as general Forestry Technician and Forestry Aid positions ranging for. Approximately 100 positions may be filled across the Region. All potential duty locations will be announced, with vacancies being filled throughout the hiring event in the fall of 2022.
- District Zone Fire Management Officer (DZFMO) GS-0301-9/11
- District/Zone AFMO (Fuels) GS-0462-8/9
- District/Zone AFMO GS-0462-8/9
- Supervisory Forestry Technician (Handcrew) GS-0462-7/8 Handcrew Captain
- Forestry Technician (Handcrew) GS-0462-6/7 Handcrew Asst.
- Initial Attack Dispatch GS-0462-4/5/6/7
- Forestry Technician (Fuels Tech) GS-0462-6/7
- Supervisory Fire Engine Operator (SFEOH) - Engine Captain
- Forestry Technician (Fire Engine Operator/FEO) - Asst. Engine Captain
Information coming this fall.
Please download the positions list to view all available Temporary Wildfire Positions.
The vacancy announcements for these positions are posted on the U.S. Government's official website for employment opportunities at USAJOBS.
Veteran information may be found at Office of Personnel Management Feds Hire Vets website.
- Information regarding people with disabilities at Office of Personnel Management.
In these webinars, our national Forest Service recruiters walk through several topics regarding eligibility, applications, USAJOBS, resumes, and more.
Note: you may be prompted to download the free Microsoft Teams application.