Maps & Publications


Forest Service maps of National Forests in the Southwestern Region are available via mail at the following address:

USDA Forest Service
ATTN: Map Sales
333 Broadway SE
Albuquerque, NM 87102

Order by phone: 505-842-3292 (TTY 505-842-3198)

Order Form

The Map Sales Order Form lists National Forest maps within the Southwestern Region that are available for sale.

Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)

Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUMs) show which routes (roads and trails) are open to motor vehicle travel, what types of vehicles they are open to, and what season they are open. The published hard copy MVUM is the legal document-of-record and is available, free of charge, in the Forest Supervisor’s office. The MVUM is the key to understanding each district's motorized transportation system and can be used in conjunction with the visitor map to determine which roads are open, and how far you are allowed to drive off of the road. Various travel aids/maps (for select Smartphones and GPS units) are available below as supplements to the MVUM, to help you make sure you know which routes are open to motorized use.



  • PDF READER OffSite Link

    A PDF (portable document format) reader is required to read PDF files. Adobe's Acrobat Reader is available as a free download.

Focus on finding a national forest or grassland

National Forest Locator Map

Federal Digital System

GPO's Federal Digital System (FDsys)