Recreation Passes & Permits

Do You Need to Purchase a Pass?

You need a Recreation Pass to use facilities and services at certain sites. Before purchasing a pass, learn which sites require passes.

Which Pass Do I Need?

To help you choose a pass, think about how often and where you recreate. If you are at least 62 or have a disability, you may qualify for a lifetime pass.

A decision tree is available to assist you in deciding which pass is best for you.

Passes Available

The passes below are honored at sites where recreation day use fees are required in the Southwestern Region National Forests. All pass are per vehicle.

[Photos] Collage of  Southwestern Region images.

Day Use Passes

Day use passes are one or multi-day passes recommended for infrequent use.

Forest Annual Pass

The following are 1-year passes good for certain facilities and services on one Forest

  • Cibola - Sandia Mountain Pass
  • Coconino - Red Rock Passport
  • Coronado - Catalina Mountains Pass
  • Coronado - Madera Canyon
  • Gila - Catwalk Pass
  • Lincoln - Sitting Bull Falls
  • Prescott - Prescott Pass
  • Tonto - Tonto Discovery Pass & Tonto Senior Discovery Pass

National Annual Pass

Every Kid Outdoors pass - this is a free pass for students during their fourth grade school year!  Visit the Every Kid Outdoors website for the pass. 

Interagency Annual Pass is a 1-year pass good for entrance and day-use fees on Federal lands.

National Lifetime Passes

The Interagency Senior Pass and Interagency Access Pass are lifetime passes good for entrance and day-use fees on Federal lands.

Annual Pass for Active Duty Military and Their Dependents is valid for 1 year good for entrance and day-use fees on Federal lands.

Order passes