Passes & Permits
Forest Product Permits
You might need a permit to harvest some forest products, including Christmas trees, mushrooms, berries, and firewood.
Recreation passes can include day-use fees, the Northwest Forest Pass, and the America the Beautiful interagency passes.
Special Use Permits
Special Use permits are varied, and include commercial and noncommercial permits. Commercial special use permits include those required for outfitters and guides, commercial filming and photography. Special use permits also include recreation residence permits.
There are other permits you might need across the RRSNF that are required by other agencies, including the following:
- Lower Rogue River Permits
- Campfire Permits (in California only)
- Sno-Park Permits
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order RRS 06 10 22 23 56 Alcohol Prohibition Illinois River Corridor
- Illinois River Swinging Bridge Closure
- Butte Fork Trail Bridge in Red Buttes Wilderness Closed Through July 2023
- Understanding Parking and Fire Restrictions on the Illinois River
- Bear-Human Interactions on the Rise!