Recreation Passes & Permits

Local & Regional Passes

Graphic: Siuslaw pass image of a grassy knoll near ocean shore.


Digital Recreation Day Pass ($5) - Enjoy the convenience of buying a Digital Recreation Day Pass at for Forest Service fee sites at Siuslaw National Forest. You can easily download your digital pass on your phone or tablet, no printing is required and funds directly help support local improvements.

Hiking boots walking on the sand dunes  

Oregon Pacific Coast Passports ($35) - The Oregon Pacific Coast Passport is a multi-agency day use passport that covers entry, vehicle parking and day use fees at over 15 sites state and federal fee sites (Forest Service, National Parks Service, Bureau of Land Management and the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department) along Highway 101, the Pacific Coast Scenic Byway.

[IMAGE: Annual Northwest Forest Pass.  Click for More Information on Annual Northwest Forest Pass]


Annual Pass ($30) - Annual pass honored at all Forest Service operated recreation sites in Washington and Oregon where a day use fee is required. Valid for one year from the last day of the month issued. Check out Recreation Pass Vendors here for the Nothwest Forest Pass.

Interagency Passes

Interagency 4th Grade Pass   

4th Grade Interagency Pass - Free for current 4th grade students. Every Kid Outdoors program has been expanded to include 5th grade students. 5th graders can download a free 5th Grade Voucher from the Every Kid Outdoors website to use for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year!

[IMAGE: Interagency Annual Pass]


Interagency Annual Pass ($80) -  For anyone to purchase, valid for 12 months. 

[IMAGE: Interagency Senior Lifetime Pass]


Interagency Senior Lifetime Pass ($80) -  For those age 62 or older. Valid for the lifetime of the passholder.

[IMAGE: Interagency Senior Annual Pass]


Interagency Annual Senior Pass ($20) - For those age 62 or older. Valid for one year from month of purchase. A Senior Annual Pass may be applied towards the purchase of a Senior Lifetime Pass. 

[IMAGE: Interagency Access Pass]


Interagency Access Pass (Free)  -  For those with a permanent disability.

IA Annual Military Pass


Interagency Annual Military Pass (Free) - Available for active military personel, or their dependents. Valid for 12 months.

Free Access for Veterans and Gold Star Families


The USDA Forest Service is joining the Department of Interior to grant free access to National Parks and other federal lands.

IA Volunteer Pass


Interagency Volunteer Pass - The pass can be issued free of charge to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who individually accrues 500 volunteer hours. Only one pass may be issued per year to an individual. The pass is available through agency volunteer program coordinators. Work with your local forest volunteer coordinator to ensure your volunteer hours are tracked and recorded.

Other Recreation Fees and Permits:

Campground Fees:

The day use passes described on this page do not cover campground fees. Please see the Camping & Cabins activity in the Recreation section for information on fees for campgrounds.

Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Recreation:

Operating an Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) on public land requires an Oregon OHV permit. This is in addition to any forest passes or fees that may be required for use of OHV campgrounds, staging areas, or sand camping sites. OHV campgrounds, day use staging areas and sand camping sites that require fees are listed in our Recreation section under OHV Riding & Camping. Please see our OHV Permit section for details on permits needed for operating an OHV and for sand camping on the Siuslaw National Forest.

Question Mark with Question text

What types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.