Maps & Publications

Off Highway Vehicles/Motorized Vehicle Use Maps

A Motorized Vehicle Use Map is legal documentation displaying the roads and trails that are open to public motor vehicle use. If a road or trail does not appear on the map it means that it is not open to public vehicular use. The motor vehicle use map is black and white and does not provide much detail. It is not an appropriate map for recreation orientation use (hunters, hikers, etc.). The maps only show open roads. Maps will be reviewed and updated annually.

These are our most current MVUM's.  Continue to check this website for updated information.

Evanston-Mountain View Ranger District (.pdf - 2.27 Mb)
Heber-Kamas Ranger District (.pdf - 3.29 Mb) 
Logan Ranger District (.pdf - 3.24 Mb)
Ogden Ranger District (.pdf - 13.9  Mb)
Pleasant Grove Ranger District (.pdf - 2.01 Mb)
Salt Lake Ranger District (.pdf - 13.4 Mb) 
Spanish Fork Ranger District (.pdf - 2.54 Mb) 

Your Destination for Recreation - Use the map below to plan your next trip.

National Forest Visitor Maps

The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest offers a forest wide map, called a Forest Visitor Map, that illustrates almost all of the recreation opportunities on the National Forest.  Visit our Forest Service Interactive Visitor Map To obtain a Recreation Map, stop by any of the Forest Service Visitor Centers or offices.

Miscellaneous Maps

There are a number of different maps that have been created for your use, including winter recreation travel map (Winter Recreation Travel maps are supplmental information relating to recreation use of motorized vehicles including OHV's, ATV's, Snowmobiles and other tracked over snow vehicles.), trails, scenic loops, general maps, and recreation maps.  Click here to view these by district.
Please contact your local Ranger District or area of interest if you need more information.


The United States Geological Survey provides reliable scientific information to describe and understand the Earth through maps and graphical representations. The most comprehensive source for maps can be purchased though the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) or its partners.  Visit their website or call 1-888-ASK-USGS.



The Forest Service creates many different types of publications.  Only a few of them are listed below.  You can also access technical publications at the Rocky Mountain Research Station Library.

View Feature