Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes & Permits

In Washington and Oregon, some national forest recreation sites require a day use fee. The Recreation Passes & Permits section includes information about where fees are charged and which passes may be used to cover these fees. allows you to book many campsites, cabins, tours, and permits at over 2,700 facilities nationwide. Online reservations for some sites and tours on the Willamette National Forest can be obtained at or call 1-877-444-6777.

Special Forest Products Permit

Special Forest Products include firewood, Christmas trees, wildflowers, cones, poles, tree boughs, nuts and berries, mushrooms, ornamental cuttings, moss, and rocks. These are forest resources not associated with timber sale contracts but are used for personal, commercial, and scientific purposes. For some products, personal use permits are free. For other products, or for commercial use, a fee is charged. If you are unsure whether you need a special forest products permit, please contact us.

Event or Commercial Use

A special use permit is required when you are asking for special privileges on National Forest land. Examples include gatherings of 75 people or more, operating a business, using the forest for financial gain, and commercial filming. If you are unsure whether you need a special use permit, please contact us.

Other Permits

Road Use Permits
Using a National Forest System Road (NFSR) for commercial hauling requires a permit or written authorization.