Other Permits

Road Use Permits

A forest road with cut timber lining the road from a thinning projectUsing a National Forest System Road (NFSR) for commercial hauling is prohibited without a permit or written authorization. This use restriction applies to all commercial haul activity, not just activity directly related to Forest Service projects or operations.

Examples of commercial vehicles that may need a Road Use Permit are logging trucks, tractor-trailer combinations, lowboys, yarders, chip vans, sand, gravel or cement trucks. This list is not all inclusive.

Willamette National Forest Commercial Road Rules (December 2016)

Please contact the Road Manager at the appropriate Forest Office to obtain a Road Use Permit or written authorization. (36 CFR 261.50(a)(b); 36 CFR 261.54; Willamette National Forest ORDER NO. 18-54.2).