Welcome to the Siuslaw National Forest
From forest floor to ocean shore the Siuslaw National Forest stretches from the lush forests of the coastal mountains to the unique Oregon Dunes and the beaches of the Pacific Ocean.
Be prepared! Check out our free and downloadable maps.
Whether seeking solitude or a family get away, the Siuslaw National Forest offers a wide array of activities.
Learn where day use fees are charged, what types of passes are available, and where to purchase them.
Silverspot - the Flight to Recovery
Learn how the U.S. Forest Service has teamed up with a number of organizations to study and bring back the silverspot butterfly.
Explore accessible adventures in the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, the hidden gems of the Siuslaw National Forest, and more locations.
Be a Citizen Scientist
Approximately 10% of the Siuslaw is vegetated with non-native species. Be a citizen scientist by using the EDDMapS West app to provide information to Siuslaw botanists.
Family Friendly Siuslaw
The Siuslaw offers many ways for kids and families to experience nature and pique their curiosity about the world around them.
Alerts & Warnings
- Beach restrictions in effect March 15 - Sept. 15 to protect nesting birds
- Cascade Head Research Area inaccessible on FSR 1861 due to landslide
- Varying Hours at Supervisor's Office June 23-July 8
- Expect high traffic for Oregon Dunes event June 22-26
- Downed Trees Blocking Forest Road 2005 on Marys Peak
- Forest Service Road 24 Closure