Choose from the following to find a site:
Big game hunting attracts hunters from just about every state to southwestern Colorado and to the San Juan National Forest. The major big-game species that live in the San Juan National Forest are mule deer, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose, black bear, and mountain lion. Game bird species that are hunted include turkey, blue grouse, sage grouse, rock and morning dove, and various waterfowl species.
While the Forest Service does not sell hunting licenses, a license is required to hunt in Colorado. The Colorado Parks and Wildlife and local retailers sell licenses. An annual Hunting Handbook lists hunting regulations, or visit the website for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife or call 970-247-0855.
Other Hunting Information Links:
- San Juan National Forest Outfitters and Guide Lists: Interest a hunting tour? Need help packing our your game from your successful hunt? Check out the San Juan National Forest list of current, permitted Outfitter and Guide
- SJNF Hunting Guide Information: Check out where to hunt, where to camp ane more.
- Hunting on the Pagosa Ranger District: Check out specifics on where to camp and where you can use your cart and more on the Pagosa District.
- San Juan Mountains Association Book and Map Store: Check out a great selection of hunting maps
- Motorized Vehicle Information
- Certified Weed Free Forage Producers list