OHV Riding & Camping

Choose from the following to find a site:


OHV riding

Prep Your Ride

In order to legally operate an All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) or Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV);on public land, you must register with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). DMV will issue a Green or Red stricker for off-road vehicles. Vehicles that can be operated both on and off highways will be given a street-legal license. No registration is required for vehicles used on closed courses only. Registration is required when riding on trails and roads.

License Plate Button Register Vehicle Button Red Green Sticker Button
Highway 108 signHighway 108 Highway 4 signHighway 4 Highway 120 SignHighway 120
Deer Creek/ Crandall Peak Map (North) Map (North)
District OHV Areas Map (South) Map (South)
Hull Creek/ Trout Creek
Mi-Wok Map (North) (South)
Summit Map  (North) (South)

Seasonal Road and Trail Closure

Seasonal road and trail closures on the Forest begin Dec. 16 and will remain in effect until April 15, 2018. The Motor Vehicle Use Map indicates which roads and trails will be closed and may be picked up at any ranger district office. Roads identified in the MVUM as being open may close due to local weather conditions as necessary.