Alerts & Notices
Please be aware of these alerts and notices because many unexpected situations can present difficult challenges for forest visitors.
Be well informed and prepared for your next visit to the forest.
To report an emergency, please call 911.
- Travelling through a burned area
Date(s): Feb 2, 2021
- Mt Shasta seasonal road closures for Nordic skiing
Date(s): Dec 1, 2020
- Public Safety Power Shutoffs
Date(s): Oct 8, 2019
- Water safety - waterfalls, rivers and lakes
Date(s): Aug 5, 2019
- Marijuana gardens in the woods?
Date(s): Jul 23, 2019
- Hawkins Creek Road (Road 11) closed for public safety
Area(s): Lower McCloud River (below McCloud Dam), McCloud Reservoir
Date(s): Nov 28, 2018
- Backcountry and Wilderness Conditions
Date(s): Nov 6, 2018
- Scott Flat Footbridge Damaged & Closed
Date(s): May 25, 2018
Salt Fire Closure Area Order
Date(s): Sep 22, 2021
Mud Creek and Ash Creek Closure Order & Map 14-21-17
Date(s): Sep 17, 2021
View our short-list of other fire information sources, both local and national.
- InciWeb - current wildfire and prescribed fire information
- Prevent Wildfire California
- Northern California Geographic Area Monthly Outlook
Federal agencies operate under the U.S. Code and the Code of Federal Regulations. These laws help form our policies on how we manage national forests and grasslands. The Forest Supervisor may issue special orders that will close or restrict the use of certain areas and activities if the need arises. Such orders will be posted so that visitors to the National Forest can reasonably be expected to be familiar with them.