Maps & Publications
The Beaverhead-Deerlodge offers a variety of map products to help you plan your next adventure.
Interactive Visitor Map
The Forest Service offers an Interactive Visitor Map that provides an online view of Forest Service roads, trails, recreation sites, wilderness areas, and wild & scenic rivers.
Beaverhead-Deerlodge Visitor Maps
Because of its size, the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest is covered by three Forest Visitor Maps: North, Central, and South. View our map index to locate the map you need. Maps may be purchased at our offices in Dillon, Butte, Wisdom, Philipsburg, and Ennis. Maps are $14 each. Forest Visitor Maps are also available online for a fee through the USGS Store and electronically through the Avenza Maps mobile app.
Travel Management Maps
The Beaverhead-Deerlodge has free motor vehicle use maps (MVUMs) covering the Gravelly Mountain Range and Tobacco Root Mountains, and free over-snow vehicle use maps (OSVUMs) covering the whole forest. View or download the maps.
Travel Management maps (MVUMs) for the Madison Ranger District, are available for download as a zip file containing map layer data for roads and trails here.
Forest Order No. 02-00-22-01 - Road/Trail Prohibitions, Off-Road Prohibitions in Recommended Wilderness Areas Exhibit Maps.
To view the complete order, click here and scroll down the page to "Orders".
- Exhibit A - Anaconda/Pintler Hell Roaring RWA
- Exhibit B - Anaconda/Pintler Storm Lake RWA
- Exhibit C - Anaconda/Pintler Upper East Fork RWA
- Exhibit D - Electric Peak RWA
- Exhibit E - Garfield Mountain RWA
- Exhibit F - Italian Peak RWA
- Exhibit G - Lee Metcalf RWA
- Exhibit H - Mount Jefferson RWA
- Exhibit I - Quigg RWA
- Exhibit J - Snowcrest RWA
- Exhibit K - Stony Mountain RWA
- Exhibit L - Table Mountain RWA
- Exhibit M - Torrey Mountain RWA
Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness Map
A map of the Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness is available for $14 from Beaverhead Deerlodge National Forest offices and may be ordered online from the USGS Store.
Ski trail maps
- Jobs and Income Contributions 2016-At a Glance
- "Who Fixes the Fence?" - Information for Landowners Living Next to the National Forest
- Recreational Drone Tips - For responsible hobby or recreational use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) or "Drones"
Health and Safety
- 2020 Recreation Opportunities on the Beaverhead-Deerlodge:
- Dillon, Madison, Wisdom and Wise River Ranger Districts (South Zone)
- Butte and Pintler Ranger Districts (North Zone)
- 2019 Lake and Fishing Directory
- 2019 Pioneer Scenic Byway- a travel guide for the 49 mile Pioneer Mountains National Scenic Byway
Rocks and Minerals
- Chief Joseph Pass Cross-Country Ski Trails, groomed
- Chief Joseph Area Cross-Country Ski Touring Trails, ungroomed
- Georgetown Lake Cross Country Ski Trails 2019
- Pioneer Mountains Snowmobile Routes Map
- Mount Jefferson Area Winter Motorized Use Status Map