Recreation Passes & Permits

Where are recreation day use fees charged? 

Northwest Forest Pass

Graphic of day passes side by side.

ePass & National Forest Day Passes ($5) - Day pass honored at all Forest Service operated recreation sites in Washington and Oregon where a day use fee is required.        

[IMAGE: Annual Northwest Forest Pass.  Click for More Information on Annual Northwest Forest Pass]

Annual Pass ($30) - Annual pass honored at all Forest Service operated recreation sites in Washington and Oregon where a day use fee is required. Valid for 12 months from purchase.

Interagency Passes

*Buy passes online at the US Geological Service or at your nearest national forest office or Recreation Pass Vendors in person to make a purchase.

4th Grade pass   

4th Grade Interagency Pass - Free for current 4th grade students.

Graphic: Annual Pass Image  

Interagency Annual Pass ($80) -  For anyone to purchase, valid for 12 months.

Graphic: Senior Pass


Interagency Senior Lifetime Pass ($80) -  For those age 62 or older. Valid for the lifetime of the passholder.

Graphic: Senior Annual Pass


Interagency Annual Senior Pass ($20) - For those age 62 or older. Valid for 12 months. An Annual Senior Pass may be applied towards the purchase of a Senior Lifetime Pass. 

Graphic: Access Pass Image 2018


Interagency Access Pass (Free)  -  For those with a permanent disability.

Graphic: Military Pass image 2018  

Interagency Annual Military Pass (Free) - Available for active military personnel or their dependents. Valid for 12 months.

Graphic: Volunteer Pass 2018  

Interagency Volunteer Pass - The pass can be issued free of charge to someone who individually accrues 500 volunteer hours. Available through agency volunteer program coordinators.

Question Mark with Question text



What types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.


State of Oregon Sno*Park Permit

Sno*Park logo

NOTE: Oregon will no longer be able to honor Washington’s Sno-Park permits.  You must have a valid State of Oregon Sno*Park permit displayed in the windshield of your vehicle if you park in designated winter recreation parking areas (Sno*Parks) between November 1 and April 30.