Maps & Publications
You can purchase maps online, over the phone, or in person at any of our offices. Please contact the ranger district you plan to visit to be sure they have the exact map you want before traveling to the office.
Buy Maps Online
Many Willamette National Forest maps are available for purchase from for use with the Avenza Maps app for iOS and Android devices.
- Willamette Cascades Pacific Northwest Recreation Map (2017) North
- Willamette Cascades Pacific Northwest Recreation Map (2017) South
- Detroit Ranger District Map
- Sweet Home Ranger District Map
- McKenzie River Ranger District Map
- Middle Fork Ranger District Map North
- Middle Fork Ranger District Map South
- Santiam Pass Winter Recreation Map Bundle
Offers a full, nationwide selection of National Forest, Ranger District, Wilderness, and Specialty Maps for purchase.
These maps show roads, trails, and campgrounds, on USGS's topographic maps. They are available for download by quadrangle. You can download geo-referenced PDFs from this site. What are geo-referenced PDFs & how do I use them?
A nonprofit partner carrying a wide selection of maps, books, guides, and other interpretive products that highlight the Northwest’s natural and cultural history and support educational programs and services on public lands.
The national source to find, order, or download topographic maps, including quadrangles or “quads.”
The Willamette National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) displays National Forest System routes (roads and trails) that are open to summer motorized travel. Designated motor vehicle roads and motorized trails are identified on the Motor Vehicle Use Map. View the Motor Vehicle Use Maps
What Map Do I Need?
Consult this description of types Forest Service Maps to determine which map or maps will help you plan and complete a safe and enjoyable visit to a national forest.
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Wiley, Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- ACTIVE FIRES: Petes Lake, Lookout, Bedrock, etc.
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada for summer
- Road NF-1993 across Cougar Dam closed for construction June 5-Sept. 28, 2023