Welcome! The Custer Gallatin National Forest offers a wide variety of recreational opportunities for all seasons. Whether you want a thrilling adventure or a low-key weekend getaway, we have something for everyone.
Know Before You Go
Regardless of your activity, be Bear Aware and learn about recreating in bear country.
Always check the local weather, road, and trail conditions before an outing. Contact the local ranger district office to get current information.Outdoor Safety & Ethics Be Bear Aware Contact a Ranger District
Come Stay with Us!
We have over 50 campgrounds and picnic areas and most of them can be reserved online. Visit Camping & Cabins" or Picnicking to learn more.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Custer Gallatin Spring Flooding Closure Order 01-11-04-23-02
- Regional Orders in Effect
- Road NFSR 348 (Six Mile Road)_Yellowstone RD Road Closure
- Beartooth Ranger District Road and Trail Closure_Order 01-11-82-23-01
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Yellowstone R.D. Site Closures - Flood Damage
- Hyalite Target Shooting Closure
- Road #3089, Closure, Sioux Ranger District
- McConnell Fishing Access and Beattie Gulch Area Shooting Closures
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction