Choose from the following to find a site:
Due to extreme wildfire danger across Louisiana, the Kisatchie National Forest has issued a Forest Order for a Stage 2 Fire Restriction
Hunting Rules and Regulations, Permits, Dates:
Louisiana is not called "Sportman's Paradise" for nothing! Some of the best hunting and fishing may be found on the Kisatchie National Forest. Hunters are expected to follow the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries hunting regulations and guidelines.
- For information on hunting seasons, licenses, permits and other details, please visit the LA Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
- For a quick guide to the dates for the various seasons on the Kisatchie, please download this handy one-page document.
- If you wish to hunt in one of two National Wildlife Management Preserves (NWMP) on the Kisatchie National Forest, you will need a season permit. Please print and sign this permit and keep with you at all times when you are in the NWMP.
- Corney Lake duck blind tags may be obtained for FREE beginning July 17, 2023, at the Caney Ranger District Office, 3288 Highway 70, Homer, LA. Individuals will be allowed to place duck blinds on Corney Lake beginning at 8:00 a.m. on August 26, 2023, but you can pick up tags at the District Office before August 26. Duck blind tags are available one per household. For more information, please call John Wilcox at the Caney Ranger District at 318-927-2061 or 318-771-1247.
- Hunters are also expected to follow all other Forest rules and regulations, observing authorized roads and trails and designated recreation areas. Click here for the most current motor vehicle use maps, as well as maps to each District (which may be found in the right hand column under 'Brochures & Maps.')