Choose from the following to find a site:


People hunt the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests & Thunder Basin National Grassland for everything from turkey to moose. While the Forest Service does not sell hunting licenses, a license is required to hunt in both Colorado and Wyoming. The state game departments and local retailers sell licenses. An annual Hunting Handbook lists hunting regulations, or visit the website for Colorado Parks & Wildlife or the website for Wyoming Game & Fish.


The forests contain a variety of game ranges and habitat.  Big game on the forests include: elk, moose, mule deer, white-tailed deer, pronghorn antelope, bighorn sheep, and black bear.


See our Camping & Cabins page for stay information.


Use the 'Areas & Activities' drop-down menu in the right-hand column for lists of sites and areas.