OHV Riding & Camping

Choose from the following to find a site:


Get Off Road

The Umpqua National Forest has some of the best trails for ATVs, dirt bikes, 4x4s in Oregon. Review the following information to learn where OHVs are permitted and how to obtain a state permit to operate them.

Operating an OHV on Forest Service Land

In order to leally operate an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) or Off-Highway Vehicle, you must obtain an ATV Operating Permit (sticker). Permits cost $10 and are valid for two years. These can be purchased from the Oregon State Parks online store or by visiting an on-site agent.

Additionally, an ATV Safety Education card is also required by all Class 1 (quad) and Class III (motorcycle) riders. This is available through a free online course at RideATVOregon.org. All youth riders 15 and younger operating Class I or Class III ATVs must also complete a hands-on course.

Learn more about obtaining an ATV permit.

Where Can I Ride On the Umpqua National Forest?

The Motor Vehicle Use Map displays National Forest System routes (roads and trails) or areas designated open to motorized travel. The Motor Vehicle Use Map also displays uses allowed by vehicle class (highway-legal vehicles, vehicles less than 50 inches wide and motorcycles), and seasonal allowances. It is your responsibility to reference the MVUM to stay on designated routes for motor vehicle use.

Keep in mind that roads identified in the MVUM as being open may close due to local weather conditions as necessary. Call your local ranger station for recommended trails and dispersed camping areas.

Recreation Areas

Recreation Activities