Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
The Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is a black and white map with no topographic features. It is a map for legal designations of where you can travel with various motorized vehicles on national forest lands, but for additional reference it is best used in conjunction with a Forest Visitor Map or other detailed map. It is your responsibility to stay on designated routes for motor vehicle use.
The MVUM is free to the public at all forest offices. It is also available online and sections of it may be printed from your home computer.
MVUMs for mobile devices
MVUMs for mobile devices are available at the Avenza store for use with the Avenza App. Maps used in the app are geospatial PDFs, GeoPDF or GeoTIFFs.
- Arapaho NF - Sulphur Ranger District (South) – MVUM
- Arapaho NF - Sulphur Ranger District (North) – MVUM
- Arapaho NF - Clear Creek Ranger District - MVUM
- Roosevelt NF - Canyon Lakes Ranger District (North Half) – MVUM
- Roosevelt NF - Canyon Lakes Ranger District (South Half) - MVUM
- Roosevelt NF - Boulder Ranger District (South Half) - MVUM
- Roosevelt NF - Boulder Ranger District (North Half) - MVUM
- Pawnee National Grassland (East) – MVUM
- Pawnee National Grassland (West) – MVUM
MVUMs available for download:
To print: Once the Motor Vehicle Map opens, zoom into the area you wish to print. From the menu bar select FILE and PRINT. Under PAGES TO PRINT select MORE OPTIONS, then CURRENT VIEW. Under PAGE SIZING and HANDLING select FIT. Select your preferred orientation and PRINT.
- Boulder Ranger District
- Canyon Lakes Ranger District
- Clear Creek Ranger District
- Pawnee National Grassland
- Sulphur Ranger District Maps:
The Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) is a requirement of the 2005 Final Travel Management Rule and is a product of the 1997 revision of the Forest Plan and travel management decisions on each ranger district. The MVUM displays National Forest System (NFS) routes (roads and trails) or areas designated as open to motorized travel. The MVUM also displays allowed uses by vehicle class (ex. highway-legal vehicles, vehicles less than 50 inches wide and motorcycles), seasonal allowances, distance allowances, and provides information on other travel rules and regulations.
Routes not shown on the MVUM are not open to public motor vehicle travel. Routes designated for motorized use may not always be signed on the ground but will be identified on the MVUM. It will be the public's responsibility to reference the MVUM to stay on designated routes for motor vehicle use. The MVUM will be updated annually, in January, to correct mapping errors or discrepancies and update travel decisions.