Passes & Permits

The Coconino National Forest offers a variety of special use permits for recreation, forest products and events and commercial activities.

San Francisco Peaks in WinterRecreation Passes & Permits include winter backcountry permits, and Forest and Interagency recreation site passes.


Load of firewoodForest Products Permits include permits to gather fire wood, permits to gather live plants and trees and permits to gather rocks, stones and to cut Christmas Trees.


Jeep tourEvent/Commercial Permits: Outfitter guides, and any function where the public is invited or there is a fee charged are considered "commercial events." Non-commercial events would include large gatherings (such as weddings and family reunions).


Butterfly on a flowerOther Permits: A permit is required for research on the Forest. Please contact the Supervisor's Office to learn how to apply for a permit for your research project. 


Featured Events