Passes & Permits

Recreation Passes & Permits

Annual Passes 2017The Interagency Passes are honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.

Forest Product Permits

Forest productsCollecting and removing forest products requires a permit. Forest products include items; such as, firewood, edible material, decorative material,  plants, and other woody material.

Special Use Permits

Special Use PermitsCertain types of activities and uses of public lands require "Special Use Authorizations." An authorization is a legal document that grants permission for occupancy or use of National Forest System lands. Both commercial activities and noncommercial uses activities often require obtaining an authorization.

Campfire Permits

CampfireA campfire permit is required for campfire use, except when camping in a developed campground.

Personal Fuelwood Permits

Fuelwood PermitPermits can be purchased that allow you to cut firewood on the Lassen National Forest. Permits are for noncommercial, personal use only.

Christmas Tree Permits

Forest productsLassen National Forest Christmas Tree Permits will be on sale from November 1st through December 4th.


Fee-Free Days

The Forest Service waives recreation fees at most day-use sites on lands managed by the agency. Participation by concession-operated sites may vary. The 2021 dates are: