Passes & Permits

Click on the links below or in the left hand column to go to each of these categories:
  • Recreation Passes & Permits: In Washington and Oregon some national forest recreation sites require a day use fee.  This section includes information about where fees are charged and which passes may be used to cover these fees.

  • Forest products permits - Christmas trees, firewood, transplants, and mushrooms permit information is available.

  • Event and commercial permits - Special uses permit information encompassing a variety of uses including: summer homes, commercial road use, communication sites, water transmission lines, outfitter guides and more.

  • Other permits - Permits for other items such as electrical easements, etc. Contact Ranger District offices. 

Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, Forest Service offices are currently closed to public access. Some Ranger District offices and the Forest Headquarters are selling passes by phone. Contact the nearest Forest Office for information and pass availability.  Or Find a Vendor in your town.


Christmas Trees

Tree Permits

Information on Christmas Tree cutting and permits

Commercial and Personal Use Mushroom Harvest

Morel mushroom illustration

Information about permits required, gathering guidelines, and much more...

View All Features