Forest Products Permits
One must have a permit or other authorization to remove most forest products from the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, Forest Service offices are currently closed to public access. Some Ranger District offices and the Forest Headquarters are selling permits by phone. Contact the nearest Forest Office for information and permit availability.
The Okanogan-Wenatchee issues permits for various types of special forest products such as:
For other forest products information visit the Special Forest Products page.
To obtain a permit or to obtain additional information please contact your nearest Ranger District office.
Other Forest Resources
The Okanogan-Wenatchee authorizes the harvest of timber through offering timber sale contracts. See the resource management page for more information.
- The State of Washington manages the animal populations and the capture or harvest of animals is governed by the laws of Washington State. Contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (http://wdfw.wa.gov/) for authorization to capture or harvest animals.
Alerts & Warnings
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Prohibited on National Forests
- Twisp Area: Road #4400-45 and Dispersed Recreation Area Closure
- Twisp Area: Louis Lake Trail Bridge Closed
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Twisp Area: Road 4415-030 Closure
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Entiat - Lake Wenatchee Area: Upper Mad River Seasonal Trail Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Leavenworth Area: Construction Delays on Snow Lakes Trail
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2022
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site: Open
- Forest Office Access Restricted
- Target Shooting Info