Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue. On-going operational updates will be posted here (https://www.fs.fed.us/shutdown) as we are able to provide them.


Other Permits

A Special Use Authorization grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use on National Forest System lands subject to specified terms and conditions.  The authorization is granted for a specific use of the land for a specific period of time. Information about non-recreation special use permits is available from any Ranger District Office

Special uses include, but are not limited to:

  • Outfitting and Guiding
  • Recreation Events
  • Recreation Residences
  • Telecommunication Facilities
  • Water Transmission Lines
  • Research
  • Photography and Filming
  • Road and Utility Rights-of-Ways. 

The Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest is implementing open seasons for Recreation Events and Temporary Outfitting and Guiding.