Maps & Publications
Use the Interactive Forest Visitor Map to locate roads, campgrounds, trails and other recreation sites on the forest. You can zoom way in for high resolution detail and also change the background map. Print your map or save as a Geo PDF map (under "Tools" icon) and you can import it to your phone or tablet in a program like Avenza to locate yourself on the map (even without a cell signal since it uses the satellite positioning in your device). You can also find other national forests across the country on the map.
Current Area Closures
See interactive Wildfire Area Closures Map for current information on area and trail closures on Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. You can zoom way in on map for details.
Free, Downloadable Topographic Maps
Forest Service Topography Maps
These maps overlay Forest Service assets, such as roads, trails, and campgrounds, on topographic maps. They are available for download by quadrangle in geo-referenced PDF or TIF formats. Zoom in on the map area you're interested in until you see the quad names. Click on the quad for download options. The PDF version can be downloaded into map apps (like Avenza) on your phone or tablet so you can locate yourself even without cell signal since they use the GPS built into phone.
Free Publications Online
General Okanogan-Wenatchee publications: Cascade Lookout Recreation Guide, Forest Annual Report, and more.
Buy Maps and Publications Online
US Geological Survey: The national source to find, order, or download topographic maps, including quadrangles or “quads”.
Discover Your Northwest: A nonprofit partner carrying a wide selection of maps, books, guides, and other interpretive products that highlight the Northwest’s natural and cultural history and support educational programs and services on public lands.
Oregon and Washington National Forest, Wilderness, and Special Area maps are also available directly from forest offices.
Okanogan Country, 2018
Digital and Paper Versions of the Maps above available here:
Forest Service Map Finder
Snowmobile Route Maps
Lake Wenatchee and Entiat Valley Groomed Snowmobile Routes Map
[PDF: 800 kb]
Information on GEO PDF Maps
This map above is a GEO PDF. AVENZA PDF Maps is a mobile map application that enables you to download maps over Wi-Fi or cellular network to read on your smartphone. It uses your phones built-in GPS to track your location on the map, even when you don’t have cell service. You can access these maps and locate yourself even when youre offline because theyre saved to your phone. There are other apps available that also work with GEO PDF maps.
To download Snowmobile Map into Avenza, click the + at top of app, and type or paste URL (Snowmobile GeoPDF link below) into From the Web field.
Get Avenza PDF Maps App at link or in App Store -- avenza.com/avenza-maps
Get free Snowmobile GeoPDF Map - www.fs.usda.gov/goto/snowmobile-map
PRINT VERSION (not a GeoPDF):
Lake Wenatchee and Entiat Valley Groomed Snowmobile Routes - Info and Map
[PDF: 1.6 mb, 2 pages]
Motorcycles, Mountain Bikes, Horses
Special Recreation Trail Maps available for download
Note: the four links below cover trails that are open to hikers, horses, motorcycles and mountain bikes.
- Devils Gulch and Mission Ridge area
- Lower Chiwawa - Mad River - Entiat - Chelan area
- Sawtooth Backcountry - brochure and map (Methow Valley and Chelan Ranger Districts)
- Sawtooth Backcountry - map only
The two links below are for map sets of the ORV trails on the Cle Elum Ranger District.
- Cle Elum RD ORV Trails - West [PDF: 19 mb, 13 pages]
- Cle Elum RD ORV Trails - East [PDF: 11 mb, 10 pages]
The maps above are large files so it is best to right-click on the link, "save" the file to your computer and then open it with Acrobat.
- Echo Ridge Summer Trails - Hiking / Mountain Biking -- See Echo Ridge page for more info about this geo-referenced map and how to get it on your phone. [PDF: 200 kb]
- Echo Ridge Winter Trails [PDF: 800 kb]
- Discover Lake Chelan -- Self-guided Boat Tour and Walking Tour of Stehekin
- Echo Ridge Winter Trails [PDF: 800 kb]
Cascade Lookout, Forest Annual Report, history, wildlife, forestry and botany, and wilderness publications are available online in PDF format.
Have you ever driven across Highway 2 or Highway 20 (North Cascades Highway) and wondered where to take a quick stroll with the kids? Or maybe you're looking for a new trail to venture down?
Alerts & Warnings
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Entiat - Lake Wenatchee Area: Upper Mad River Seasonal Trail Closure
- Leavenworth Area: Construction Delays on Snow Lakes Trail
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2021
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site Closed
- Forest Office Access Restricted
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Illegal
- Target Shooting Info