Welcome to the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest
The Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest is a large and diverse landscape, encompassing 3.8 million acres along the east slopes of the Cascade Range in Washington.
Connect with Us
Burned Area Hazard Assessments Underway to Determine Status of Fire Closures
Release Date: May 18, 2022
Skinney Creek is a tributary to Chiwaukum Creek, along Highway 2, about 20 miles west of Leavenworth, WA. Being adjacent to a major highway has always had an impact on Skinney Creek. The original highway construction pushed Skinney Creek into a bermed ditch-like channel. Yakama Nation Fisheries approached the Forest Service with the idea of reconstructing Skinney Creek in the footprint of the old highway after highway was realigned.
Together with the community and individuals who use these public lands, we have developed a strategic plan for how to manage recreation in the Entiat Valley looking 10 to 30 years into the future.
Outdoor Essentials Poster
Remember what to take before you head outdoors! Here's a one-page infographic to make it simple (in English, Spanish, and Russian).
Holden Mine Cleanup Update
A massive mine clean-up is restoring the landscape and protecting water quality. The first 5 Year Review Report is also available.
Celebrating Wildflowers is dedicated to enjoyment of the thousands of wildflowers growing on our national forests, and to education about the values of native plants.
Visitor Use Reports
The National Visitor Use Monitoring program provides information about recreation visitors to national forests.
Alerts & Warnings
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Entiat - Lake Wenatchee Area: Upper Mad River Seasonal Trail Closure
- Leavenworth Area: Construction Delays on Snow Lakes Trail
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2021
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site Closed
- Forest Office Access Restricted
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Illegal
- Target Shooting Info