Sand Prairie Campground
This 21-site campground is located in a mixed stand of Douglas-fir, Western hemlock, cedar, dogwood and hazelnut.
Hikers, equestrians, and mountain bikers can access the 27-mile Middle Fork Willamette Trail at the south end of the site.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Closed for 2023 season.|
|Reservations:||Reserve online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777.|
|Best Season:||July, August, September|
|Busiest Season:||July, August|
|Closest Towns:||Oakridge, Oregon (14 miles)|
|Passes:||Interagency Senior and Access Passes (and the Golden Age and Access Passes) may receive a 50% discount on the use fee for individual campsites. This discount does not apply to extra vehicle fee or multiple campsites.|
|Operated By:||American Land & Leisure|
|Information Center:||Middle Fork Ranger District
46375 Highway 58
Westfir, OR 97492
14 miles south of Oakridge, Oregon, on the Middle Fork of the Willamette River.
From Oakridge, Oregon: At the intersection of Crestview Street and Oregon State Highway 58 (at the only traffic light along Highway 58 in Oakridge), head east on Highway 58 for 1.7 miles to Hills Creek Road/Kitson Springs Road. Turn right on Hills Creek Road/Kitson Springs Road and travel for 0.5 miles to Forest Road 21. Turn right onto 21, and travel for approximately 11.6 miles and the destination will be on your right.
- NO water
- Garbage containers
- Group picnic area
- Larison Trail Area
- Packard Creek Campground
- Packard Creek Day Use Area
- Packard Creek Group Campsite
- Larison Cove Canoe Area (area is unavailable)
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Tent, auto, trailer sites (maximum trailer length 28 feet)
|No. of Sites||21|
|Reservation Info||No reservations. Sites are available on a first come, first served basis.
|No. of Accessible sites||3 restrooms, dirt access routes, day use area, platform, tactile sign|
River and Stream Fishing
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE CLOSURES: Lookout, Bedrock, Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead
- Fall Pile Burning and Prescribed Fire Planned
- Portion of McKenzie River Trail closed; trail detour in place
- Christmas Tree Permits Available Now; 6th Annual Ornament Hunt Nov. 17-Dec. 31
- Forest Road 46 open from Detroit to Estacada