Recreation Passes & Permits

There is no entrance fee at Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grassland. *Fees are charged for camping in developed campgrounds and day use fees are charged in some developed recreation areas.

Where are fees charged?

Local Passes

Mountain in the background.
Arapaho National Recreation Area (ANRA) annual passes are now available on in addition to day passes. Purchase of an ANRA annual or day pass provides the holder with use of reservoirs, trailheads, boat launches and picnic areas within the recreation area. Annual Passes must be printed and displayed on your vehicle dashboard with the quick response (QR) code visible at all times during your visit. If purchasing a day pass on site, your license plate number will be used to confirm compliance.

Interagency Passes

You can buy most passes online at the US Geological Service, including the Interagency Annual Pass, senior passes and the Access pass. Check with locations that sell passes to determine which passes they have available. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) office in Cheyenne, Wyoming, sells military passes. 

4th Grade pass   

4th Grade Interagency Pass - Free for current 4th grade students.

Graphic: Annual Pass Image


Interagency Annual Pass ($80) -  For anyone to purchase, valid for 12 months. 

Graphic: Senior Pass


Interagency Senior Lifetime Pass ($80) -  For those age 62 or older. Valid for the lifetime of the passholder.

Graphic: Senior Annual Pass


Interagency Annual Senior Pass ($20) - For those age 62 or older. Valid for one year from month of purchase. A Senior Annual Pass may be applied towards the purchase of a Senior Lifetime Pass. 

Graphic: Access Pass Image 2018


Interagency Access Pass (Free)  -  For those with a permanent disability.

Graphic: Military Pass image 2018  

Interagency Annual Military Pass (Free) - Available for active military personel, or their dependents. Valid for 12 months.

Graphic: Volunteer Pass 2018  

Interagency Volunteer Pass - The pass can be issued free of charge to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who individually accrues 500 volunteer hours. Available through agency volunteer program coordinators. Work with your local forest volunteer coordinator.