Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue. On-going operational updates will be posted here (https://www.fs.fed.us/shutdown) as we are able to provide them.


Passes & Permits

Permits may be required when extra measures are needed to protect natural or cultural resources.  It is good to check ahead of time to find out what types of passes and/or permits are required for different activies before entering the forest.  

Recreation: Local Passes and Permits related to recreating on the forest.
Information about Utah State Parks passes

Forest Products: Edible material, Decorative material, Minerals, Plants, Woody material (includes Christmas tree and Firewood permit information).

Events and Commercial Permits: Filming, Group use, and Outfitter guide information.

Other: Permits for other items such as electrical easements, etc.  Please contact the appropriate Ranger District Office for information on other permits no listed.


Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Final Concession Campground and
related Granger-Thye Concessions Special-Use Permit

The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest is pleased to announce the availability of a prospectus for a special-use permit for Seven Ranger District's developed recreation sites. This prospectus is being issued to solicit applications for a concession campground and related Granger-Thye Concessions' special-use permit. A permit to provide high-quality public service in the operation and maintenance of Government-owned recreation facilities located on the Uinta Wasatch Cache National Forest will be issued.

Errata Sheet #3 and Enclosure

Responses to Questions Received Dated 7/01 to 7/11

Questions Received June 12, 2018 to July 1, 2018
Errata Sheet #2

Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Site Tour Questions
Questions Received April 11, 2018 to June 11, 2018
Errata Sheet  #1

Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Site Tour Agenda and Information

Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Prospectus Cover Letter
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Final Prospectus
App01 Vicintiy Area Maps
App02 Recreation Site Maps
App03 Final Developed Recreation Site Descriptions
App04 Government Furnished Property
App05 Special Use Permit Forest Service-2700-4h
App06 Water Testing Locations Requirements
App07 Forest Orders
App08 Use Report Sample
App09 Customer Comment Card Sample
App10 Performance Appraisal
App11 Forest Service Manual 2342.1 Exhibit 01 law Enforcement
App12 Sample Annual Operating Plan
App13 Forest Service-2700-4h Appendix B
App14 Potentional MRRI Projects
App15 Indirect Cost Reimbursement
App16 GT Fee Offset Certification
App17 National Quality Standards for Recreation Site Management
App18 Recommended Staffing
App19 Sample Buisness Plan
App20 Forst Service-6500-24 Financial Statement
App21 Forest Service-6500-0025

Special Use Permit

A Special Use Permit grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use to the holder. Examples include reserving a public site for a wedding party, or holding a bicycle race on public lands. These permits contain specific terms and conditions that the holder must follow. Before Special Use Permits are issued, the Forest Service must determine that the proposed use complies with all management plans and laws, that there is a demonstrated need for the activity, and that the use is appropriate on national forest system lands. Special Use Permits are a temporary authority.