Geospatial Technology and Applications Center (GTAC)
Mission: Mapping Our Future Together
The Geospatial Technology and Applications Center (GTAC) provides leadership in geospatial science implementation in the USDA Forest Service by exploring and developing emerging technologies, working with partners to demonstrate their application in land and resource management, providing solutions to inform decision making, and building capacity to support new ways of "Caring for the Land and Serving People."
GTAC advances the Forest Service mission through the application of new geospatial science, technology, and methods to meet business requirements. Our efforts result in:
- Better land management decisions,
- More effective work processes, and
- Improved communication with our public, interest groups, and partners.
GTAC External Products, Data and Services
These are examples of the work we are involved in. Contact us if you're interested in learning more.
Data and Services
- Forest Service Base Map Products
- Insect and Disease Area Designations
- National Land Cover Database
- Tree Canopy Cover
- Landscape Change Monitoring System
- Terrestrial Ecological Unit Inventory (TEUI) and GTAC TEUI Toolkit
- Orthomosaicking Historical Aerial Photography Scans
- Monitoring Trends in Burn Severity
- Predictive Services
- Active Fire Mapping
- National Infrared Operations
- Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER)
- Post-Fire Vegetation Conditions (RAVG)