Environmental Appeals, Objections & Litigation
This site contains information about the Forest Service's environmental appeals, objections, and litigation. An appeal or objection is a formal request to a higher agency authority for review of an environmental decision. The public's rights and responsibilities to file an appeal or objection are defined in specific regulations. Usually, all administrative processes must be exhausted before a person can bring a court action (litigation) associated with an environmental planning decision.
- Chief's Direction - Adverse Ruling in Sequoia ForestKeeper v. Tidwell (pdf - 20 KB)
- Forest Service National Objections Page
- WO EMC Litigation Page (under construction)
- WO EMC Appeal and Objection Filing Contact Information
- March 5, 2014 Chief's Letter - Legislation Affecting Notice, Comment, and Appeal of Categorical Exclusions (pdf - 91 KB)
- 9th Circut Cottonwood Decision (pdf - 989 KB)