This page has the “How to” information for any stage of collaboration starting with understanding the Forest Service, legal requirements, funding and other details.
1. Understand the Forest Service
Peruse the following links to learn about how partnerships help us achieve our mission:
- About the Agency: this link to the main Forest Service website includes a broad overview of the Forest Service and information on agency history, the Strategic Plan, budget, regulations and newsroom links.
- For a visual overview of the Forest Service, see the brochure “A Guide to your National Forests and Grasslands.” For more, follow this link for a comprehensive list of maps including a National Overview Map, and topographic, motor vehicle, visitor and other maps. Many are printable.
- A detailed look at how the U.S. Forest Service is organized.
3. Explore funding opportunities
Check out information and links on the Funding Information page
4. Understand the legal & administrative aspects of a partnership
Many partnerships have formal arrangements that involve legal documents or administrative tasks. While the Forest Service grants and agreement specialist is responsible for paperwork or legal instruments, partners may want to learn more about them. Remember--it’s important to consult early and often with the Forest Service Grants and Agreements team. Visit the Legal and Administrative Information page for detailed information.
5. Maintain a Successful Partnership
Some resources on this topic include: