HOW AND WHEN TO USE THE OF-301a FORM:
- OF-301a is used for both individual and group agreements.
- Group contacts/ liaisons can fill out this form on behalf of volunteers and are required to ensure all paperwork is completed for their group and all minors have parental consent.
- A Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) is a required attachment to the OF-301a for all tasks of the project. The JHA clearly defines practices and procedures including required safety equipment and is designed to promote the safety and well-being of volunteers.
- Provide a copy of the completed agreement to the Forest Service volunteer point of contact and one to the volunteer or volunteer group leader.
A signed Volunteer Agreement Form OF-301a authorizes the individual or group to volunteer and specifies service expectations, requirements and any reimbursements. A well-written agreement provides for the safety of the volunteer while clearly describing the service project, requirements, locations, schedules, and other information pertinent to the volunteer service.
HOW AND WHEN TO USE THE OF-301b FORM:
- You are engaging an organized volunteer group or holding a group or public volunteer event.
- Parent or guardian consent is required for all minors. If an organized group does not have records of guardian permissions, each minor must be engaged through the OF301a. Same requirements for guardian permissions apply for walk-in one day events, like National Public Lands Day.
- The OF301b form must be used with a group agreement (OF301a) and applicable projects details may be attached as needed.
DO VOLUNTEERS RECIEVE REIMBURSEMENTS?
volunteers are reimbursed for approved, out-of-pocket expenses but do not receive a salary or hourly wage. Volunteers must be signed up through an official Volunteer Service Agreement (OF-301a), or work through a Forest Service partner organization. Refer to your OF-301 Agreement to determine your reimbursement status.