Timber Sales on the National Forests
On April 10, 2020, the Under Secretary for Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Agriculture determined there is Substantial Overriding Public Interest (SOPI) in extending all National Forest System timber sale contracts awarded and timber product permits issued before April 1, 2020, and sales with bid opening dates prior to April 1, 2020 upon award, for up to two years and contracts in Alaska up to three years.
- SOPI Determination (.pdf, 414 KB) - Determination of a Substantial Overriding Public Interest in extending timber sales made by the Under Secretary of Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Agriculture.
- SOPI Implementation Letter (.pdf, 245 KB) - issuance letter to Regional Foresters.
- Letter To Purchasers Contractors (.docx, 15 KB) - sample letter to Purchaser/Contractors of notification of eligibility for a SOPI extension.
- SOPI Liability Release Agreement (.pdf, 154 KB) - Liability Release Agreement to accompany notification letters to Purchasers/Contractors.
- Implementation Guidance For CO's (.docx, 34 KB) - implementation guidance for CO’s.
- SOPI Example FS-2400-0010 (.pff, 24 KB) - example FS-2400-0010 to execute for SOPI extensions.
- SOPI Suspension and Debarment FAQ’s (.docx, 14 KB)